Beyond the Yellow Ribbon
April is recognized as the Month of the Military Child. The sacrifices military children make often go unnoticed in the rush to support the service member. These hidden heroes deserve our thanks for the hardships they endure as part of a military family.
Throughout the month there will be several opportunities to highlight the contributions of military children.
- The deadline to order 2019 Month of the Military Child T-shirts is March 15. See flyer below for order information.
- Military families can sign up to receive a letter from Minnesota Governor Tim Walz thanking military kids for their sacrifices. See flyer below for more information.
- Military kids can submit artwork for the 2019 MOMC Art Contest by April 12. See flyer below for details.
- Military families can submit a photo for the 2019 military family photo contest by April 30. See flyer below for details.
- The 2019 Month of the Military Child celebration event will take place April 12 at the Mall of America. See flyer below for details.