1st Squadron, 94th Cavalry
The 1st Squadron, 94th Cavalry, is a Minnesota Army National Guard unit headquartered in Duluth. The 1-94 CAV mission is to perform reconnaissance and security in close operations for the 1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 34th Infantry Division.
In 2015 the squadron successfully completed rigorous training as a part of theeXportable Combat Training Capabilities exercise, including platoon-level, live-fire drills. The 1-94 CAV also validated its proficiency on vehicle-mounted weapons systems, such as the Bradley Fighting Vehicle's 25mm Bushmaster "chain gun" and 120mm Mortars fired out of the back of its armored personnel carriers.
There are 5 major units under the 1-94 CAV: Headquarters and Headquarters Troop in Duluth, A Troop in Hibbing, B Troop in Pine City, C Troop in Cloquet and D Company in Duluth.
The 1-94 CAV motto is "Blood over Surrender!"
- Headquarters and Headquarters Company
- 334th Brigade Engineer Battalion
- 134th Brigade Support Battalion
- 1st Combined Arms Battalion, 194th Armor Regiment
- 1st Squadron, 94th Cavalry
- 1st Battalion, 125th Field Artillery
- 2nd Combined Arms Battalion, 136th Infantry Regiment
- 2nd Battalion, 135th Infantry Regiment